Thursday, May 14, 2009

William Marsters of Palmerston Island

Since I published my books "Stories of Palmerston" and "The Masters of Walcote, Leicestershire", William Marsters - the person he was and the person he became when he arrived in the South Pacific has frequently been topical among members of the Marsters family around the world who are keen to learn more about him. I decided to start up this blog to write my thoughts and to include those of others who want to participate in the discussion about William Richard Marsters of Palmerston Island, Cook Islands (alias Richard Masters of Walcote, Leicestershire, England). It would be great to hear others' stories about him from any other publications that you have found.

I have created two websites which provide some insight into what I have found out about William Marsters. These are

1. www.williamrmarsters.com which focuses on Palmerston Island and the book "Stories of Palmerston", and

2. www.richardwmasters.com which focuses on a visit I made to Leicestershire in my search for family connections and links to William Marsters who I was later to find, was born Richard Masters. The book "The Masters of Walcote" is based on my findings from parish and census documents, of his origins from this area of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment